The UK Hydrographic Office also known as UKHO is a world-leading center for hydrography, which specializes in marine geospatial data https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-hydrographic-office. The information agency was founded in 1795. The organization headquarters are located in Taunton, Somerset, England. It as a part of the Ministry of Defence is the UK government department. The Royal Navy is among the UKHO key customers. The agency helps to ensure maritime safety, marine environment protection, a sustainable blue economy, merchant shipping and global trade. The UKHO as well as IHO set hydrographic, cartographic and navigational standards internationally.
The UKHO motto is “Enabling a deeper understanding of the world’s oceans: for safer navigation, for the marine economy and for the future of our planet”.
The UKHO main fields of activity include:
- marine cartography;
- smart shipping;
- geospatial innovation;
- software engineering;
- data science;
- astronomical and celestial navigation.
The UK Hydrographic Office products and services are sold across the globe through its portfolio of ADMIRALTY Maritime Data Solutions https://www.admiralty.co.uk/ also known as British Admiralty or BA.
The range of UKHO navigational products that are trusted by mariners internationally include:
- electronic navigational charts also known as ENCs - are digital vector charts produced to International Hydrographic Organisation (IHO) standards;
- standard nautical charts;
- sailing directions or pilots;
- tide tables;notices to mariners also known as NMs;
- data sets and digital navigational solutions;
- digital nautical publications;
- paper nautical publications.
To find out more, see the Admiralty digital catalogue https://www.admiralty.co.uk/digital-services/catalogues/admiralty-digital-catalogue.
E-Data LLC located in St. Petersburg is a certified UKHO chart agent and can recommend the best solution for your vessel or fleet. We ensure that each corrected chart contains only up-to-date information.
The UKHO provides comprehensive electronic and paper nautical charts that cover the world merchant shipping routes and ports thus supporting passage-planning tasks. https://www.admiralty.co.uk/charts
There are two main types of nautical charts:
SNCs are British Admiralty official paper charts trusted and widely used by sailors all around the world. Admiralty standard nautical charts cover commercial shipping routes, ports and harbors thus helping mariners safely navigate in accordance with SOLAS regulations and increase situational awareness. Weekly updating and new editions help to keep the charts accurate, safe and compliant. Admiralty Notices to Mariners are provided regularly.
All the charts are available through Print on Demand (POD) technology. Admiralty chart agents can print SNCs on site. UKHO began rolling out the Print on Demand system in 2013. Mariners have trusted the high quality, reliability, excellence and accuracy of British Admiralty charts and publications for centuries.
BA POD charts are printed onsite at E-Data LLC headquarters in Saint Petersburg. To produce a POD chart, E-Data LLC receives encrypted chart data files from the updated Admiralty database – this ensures safety and correctness of content.
Admiralty digital chart services are the following:
- Admiralty vector chart service or AVCS is digital maritime chart service with more than 10,000 electronic navigational charts (ENCs) covering international shipping routes.
- Admiralty raster chart service or ARCS provides raster chart coverage of main international shipping routes, main ports and harbors.
Mariners all around the globe trust Admiralty nautical publications because they are accurate and excellent. https://www.admiralty.co.uk/publications
The UKHO publications are divided into the following groups:
- Admiralty sailing directions or pilots provide crucial information to support port entry and coastal navigation for all classes of ships at sea.
- Admiralty list of lights and fog signals provides coverage of light structures including lighthouses, lightships, lit floating marks and fog signals.
- Admiralty list of radio signals provides information on all aspects of maritime radio communications.
- Admiralty tide tables contain height, timing and tidal stream data to support the planning of departure and arrival times.
- Admiralty mariner’s handbook (NP100) is the comprehensive guide to seamanship and key aspects of navigation.
- Ocean passages for the world (NP136) provides information to support the planning of ocean voyages for most major routes.
- ECDIS and ENC reference publications provide practical guidance to support the use and implementation of ECDIS and ENCs.
- Admiralty digital list of lights is an advanced source of navigational light and fog signal information.
- Admiralty digital radio signals provide official maritime radio communications information worldwide.
- Admiralty TotalTide provide accurate tidal predictions for ports and tidal streams worldwide.
E-Data LLC is a sub-distributor of UKHO. E-Data LLC holds the most important stock of Admiralty products in the Russian Federation and supply both Russian and Admiralty products to all major ports of Russia. E-Data can help you with the transition to digital navigation.
Contact our sales office: +7 (812) 6177932, email@example.com
For technical support please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic navigational charts are digital vector charts produced to International Hydrographic Organisation (IHO) standards.